How To Add RSS Feeds to Windows Live Mail 2011 and Outlook 2010
Windows Live Mail 2011
- On the "Home" tab, select the "Feeds" item with the RSS icon located beneath the "Contact" item in the bottom left corner of your Windows Live Mail (henceforth, Live Mail) screen.
- Click on the RSS Feed icon in the upper left corner of your Live Mail screen.
- When the "Add RSS Feed" dialog appears, type in the URL for the RSS feed you wish to follow. Of course, this means you will need to know the URL in advance, so you will need to go to the site you wish to monitor and locate the RSS feed of your choice, or you can just use "http://www.parsonplace.com/rss.xml" for the purpose of this exercise.
- Once you close the "Add RSS Feed" dialog, Live Mail will automatically download every announcement in that feed. If you don't want to keep feeds prior to a particular date, all you have to do is click on the first one you wish to delete, press Ctrl + End to select every message prior to it, and then press the Delete key. Now, all you will have left are those messages AFTER the date you desire.
- Let me also recommend subscribing to The Parson Place Press RSS feed. Use this URL to suscribe: http://www.parsonplacepress.com/p3rss.xml.
Now, wasn't that a snap? Well, it gets even better in Outlook 2010!
Return to Top
Microsoft Outlook 2010
This one's easy; just follow the onscreen instructions in Outlook 2010 by clicking on the RSS Feeds subfolder in your default email account!